Grammarly is a digital writing-support tool that provides powerful grammar, spelling, and plagiarism checking based on natural language processing and machine-learning technologies. It integrates conveniently into many of the places where Iowa State students and faculty are doing their writing today, such as web browsers (so it can be used in CyMail and Canvas), Google Docs, office productivity software, and mobile devices.
All ISU students and faculty have free access to the premium version of Grammarly through a pilot program funded by CASTLE and supported by the Department of English.
Creating your account
- Go to the Okta sign ons page and log in with your Net-ID and ISU password: https://login.iastate.edu/
- In the menu on the left, select Add apps.
- Search "grammarly" in the Search the app catalog box.
- When the ISU Grammarly app appears, click the Add button.
- Return to the Okta home page by selecting My Apps in the left-hand menu.
- Find the new ISU Grammarly tile on the dashboard and click on it.
- Sign in again if prompted.
Download the apps
To get the most out of Grammarly, make sure it's installed in all the places you do your writing. Visit the apps page at https://app.grammarly.com/apps.
For technical support, visit https://support.grammarly.com/ or send email to email@example.com.