Grammarly is a digital writing-support tool that provides powerful grammar, spelling, and plagiarism checking based on natural language processing and machine-learning technologies. It integrates conveniently into many of the places where Iowa State students and faculty are doing their writing today, such as web browsers (so it can be used in CyMail and Canvas), Google Docs, office productivity software for the PC, and mobile devices.
Creating your account
- Go to https://grammarly.com/enterprise/signup.
- Provide your name, Iowa State email address, and a unique, memorable password (Single sign-on through Okta will be coming later).
- Check your inbox for the email and click on the activation link.
If you already have a free Grammarly account associated with your ISU email address ...
- Log out of your individual account using this link: https://auth.grammarly.com/logout_redirect.
- Go to https://www.grammarly.com/enterprise/signin and log in to your account again.
- Check your email (inbox and spam folder) for a confirmation email and click the link it contains. You will be directed to the right page for the next step.
Download the apps
To get the most out of Grammarly, make sure it's installed in all the places you do your writing. Visit the apps page at https://app.grammarly.com/apps.
Also, check out these video tutorials.
Getting started with Grammarly Premium
Showing an instructor you've checked your work in Grammarly